|WINERY LOCATION:||Castiglione Falletto (Cuneo province), Piedmont|
|VINEYARD LOCATION:||Barolo, Langhe and Roero, Piedmont|
|VINEYARD LAND:||185 acres (75 hectacres)|
|GRAPE VARIETIES:||Nebbiolo, Barbera, Dolcetto, Freisa, Arneis, Timorasso and Moscato Bianco|
|WINE STYLES:||Dry red, dry white, red frizzante and sweet white frizzante|
|TOTAL WINE PRODUCTION:||Average annual production 50,000 cases|
|OWNER(S):||The Krause Family|
Located in the heart of the Langhe hills, at the top of the village of Castiglione Falletto, the Vietti wine cellar was founded in the late 1800's by Carlo Vietti. The estate has gradually grown over the course of time, and today the vineyard holdings include some of the most highly-prized terroirs within the Barolo and Barbaresco winegrowing areas.
Although they had been making wine for four generations, the turning point came at the end of the 1950's when Luciana Vietti married winemaker and art connoisseur Alfredo Currado, whose intuitions - from the production of one of the first Barolo crus (1961 - Rocche di Castiglione), through the single-varietal vinification of Arneis (1967) to the invention of Artist Labels (1974) - made him both symbol and architect of some of the most significant revolutions of the time.
Alfredo's intellectual, professional and prospective legacy was carried on by son-in-law Mario Cordero and later, in the early 1990’s, by his son Luca Currado Vietti and his wife Elena Penna, who contributed to the success of the Vietti brand - universally recognized today as being one of the very finest Italian wine labels - by continuing along the path of the pursuit of quality, considered experimentation and working for expansion and consolidation internationally.
In 2016 the winery was acquired by the Krause family, enabling Vietti to add a number of prized Barolo and Barbaresco crus to the estate’s holdings. Additional vineyards in the Colli Tortonesi area were purchased for the production of Timorasso, which started with the 2019 vintage.
As in the past, Vietti continues to maintain the same founding values that Carlo Vietti established at the beginning: the pursuit of quality and considered experimentation. Vietti looks towards the future with even more promising and stimulating prospects. Each wine is the result of artisanal work in the vineyard and cellar and the profound understanding and interpretation of each individual terroir. Vietti is a place where the intelligence of hands, applied in the vineyard and the cellar, meets a continued vision.
WINES IN THE VIETTI PORTFOLIO
· Vietti Roero Arneis DOCG
· Vietti Derthona Timorasso Colli Tortonesi DOC
· Vietti “Tre Vigne” Barbera d’Asti DOCG
· Vietti “Tre Vigne” Barbera d’Alba DOC
· Vietti Barbera d’Asti La Crena DOCG
· Vietti Barbera d'Alba Vigna Scarrone DOC
· Vietti Barbera d’Alba Scarrone Vigna Vecchia DOC
· Vietti “Tre Vigne” Dolcetto d’Alba DOC
· Vietti “Perbacco” Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
· Vietti “Castiglione” Barolo DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Brunate DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Cerequio DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Lazzarito DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Monvigliero DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Ravera DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Rocche di Castiglione DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Riserva DOCG
· Vietti Barolo Villero Riserva DOCG
· Vietti “Masseria” Roncaglie Barbaresco DOCG
· Vietti Freisa Vivace Langhe DOC
· Vietti Moscato d'Asti DOCG